Monday, November 7, 2016

quick and easy fudge brownies




Everyone needs a good, dependable brownie recipe in their back pocket, and this is just the one. It is my go-to for any time we've made last-minute let's-have-friends-over plans, or if we've planned plenty of time in advance, but I've just tried to do too much beforehand and end up running short on time.  They are loved as-is, or they're easy to dress up.  I really like doing this simple dusting of powdered sugar.  It's so pretty, and this picture makes me think of... dare I say,.. snow?  I know. Record high temps are continuing nationwide, but a girl can hope, can't she?

I don't know about you, but I'm quickly settling in to the idea of another holiday season.  I had The Hallmark Channel on throughout my Saturday as I cleaned.  Every time a teaser for one of the Countdown to Christmas movies that involves baking or kitchen moments of any kind came on, I was completely sucked in and imagining what it would be like to have the bed and breakfast I desire and cook to my heart's content for all who visit.  I always have been, and always will be, a dreamer.  I would say, "Poor John," but he's actually beginning to dream with me.  I just love that guy.

*More of my favorite chocolate recipes: chocolate cobbler and flourless chocolate cake.

Quick and Easy Fudge Brownies

makes one 9x13 pan
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup natural or Dutch-process cocoa
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1/4 tsp salt*
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
*Increase salt to 1/2 tsp if using unsalted butter.

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Lightly grease 9x13 pan.

2. Put in all the ingredients in the order written.  Stir, and then beat until smooth.

3. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.

4. Bake the brownies for 25-30 minutes, or until they're barely beginning to pull away from the pan.

5. Remove and cool completely before cutting.  Store, well-wrapped, for 5-6 days or freeze for longer storage.

Recipe from King Arthur Flour.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!