Monday, August 29, 2016

game day spuds





We are counting the days for the official start of college and NFL football.  We love the beginnings of fall and everything it brings.  The weather is less than desirable right now, with it's high temps and humidity, but I am holding out hope crisp air is around the corner, and I am committed to trying some "fun foods" for those Saturdays and Sundays when we're watching our teams play.

Enter the cutest things I've ever seen.

I have been buying Honey Gold potatoes from Walmart for the last few months.  They are wonderful, quick-cooking, silky smooth and full of flavor.  Usually, I quarter and roast them and douse them in an herb, olive oil, salt and pepper concoction.  They are just delicious!  But yesterday, I took a look at my small golden potatoes in my basket and thought they'd make adorable mini-baked potatoes and a great appetizer idea!  My friend had mentioned doing something similar recently, so I thought, why not give it a try?  They were ready in no time and seriously loved by my family.  And such a perfect finger food!

One bite of creamy, bacon-y, cheesy fun, my friends, is no small potatoes.

Game Day Spuds

  • 12 small golden potatoes
  • 2 T melted butter
  • 3 T sour cream
  • 1 pieces bacon, cooked crisp
  • 3 T finely shredded cheddar cheese
  • salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oven to 400 and cook potatoes on baking sheet for 30 minutes.

2. Let cool five minutes, and make 1/2-inch slit in each.  Press together to "open" potato.

3. Drizzle melted butter inside potatoes.

4. Fill small baggie with sour cream and snip off corner.  Make sure the hole is small.

5. Pipe sour cream into potato openings.

6. Top each potato with cheese and bacon.

7. Finish off potatoes with a sprinkling of Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.

Recipe from The Lazy Daisy Kitchen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!