Tuesday, March 19, 2013

gadget love - the immersion blender




Lately, I'm beginning to find myself getting more excited about going to the kitchen section of stores rather than the clothes or shoe departments.  I do still love all the girl stuff, but with kitchen items, I don't have to worry about size issues, no trying to match accessories, and (my favorite) no fluorescent lighting in small quarters with full-length mirrors to reflect all of the "lovely" characteristics God has recently given this almost 40-year-old body (what what!).

Seriously.  There are several tools I can't imagine doing without in the kitchen.  They make my life easier, they improve results, and they provide me all kinds of entertainment in the process.  Maybe learning a little more about them will be of some help to you too. 

When it comes to gadgets, I think this one - for now - is not only the most helpful, but my favorite.  The immersion blender can get all kinds of things done.  Fast.

The first one of these we owned happened to be a wedding gift.  I didn't ask for it.  It just showed up.  And I'm so glad it did.  I don't think it would have been something I would have sought out on my own.  But because it was there, I used it and quickly became a fan.  

Sadly, a couple of years ago the wedding gift version conked out.  Enter the Hamilton Beach Turbo-Twister 2-Speed Hand Blender.  

Yes.  The name alone makes me feel like a serious cook.  

With interchangeable whisk and blending wands, there is even more I can do.  Looking at just my blog recipes alone, I've used it for Creamy Tomato Soup, Butternut Squash Soup, the whipped topping for Hot Cocoa Affogato, the World's Best Lasagna ricotta cheese mixture, and Simple Guacamole, to name a few.  It's also wonderful to froth up fun drinks for the kids or mix a quick milkshake.  And all it takes is a twist to remove the wand, a quick rinse under warm water, and you're done.  Super. easy. cleanup.  

So that's the gadget I'm loving today.  I have more to share in the coming weeks.  Until then, I'll be seeing you around in the kitchen aisle, 'cause, trust me.  The reflections in those stainless steel bowls are a whole lot more forgiving than those in the fitting rooms.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!