Tuesday, January 12, 2016

OMSAG Eggs




For the most part, I really believe there is very little new under the sun.  Most things have been done, and most of us have heard about them all.  But when it comes to this idea, I'm not sure why I've not heard of if before.  Is it brand new, or have I just been hiding under a rock all my cooking life??

Either way, finding out this trick for cooking hard-boiled eggs nearly had me dancing in the living room when I caught it on Food Network's, The Kitchen, over Christmas break.  I ran across a new egg salad recipe a while back, so I have been craving hard-boiled eggs lately.  But John has a nose like no other, and although he would never tell me not to do something I really want to do, I know he can't stand the smell of boiled eggs cooking, so I very rarely do them.  It's a preserving-the-marriage thing.

That has all changed, my friends.

I call these the "Oh My Stars and Garters!" hard-boiled eggs, or OMSAG Eggs.  The OMSAG part is what I said out loud when I saw it for the first time on television.


Thirty minutes and one muffin tin pan.  No accidental, premature cracked eggs.  No waiting for water to boil.  No wondering if the eggs are finished.  Thirty minutes, and perfect, tender-yolked egg.  It's the hard-boiled eggs without the boil.

GEN. IUS.  

OMSAG Eggs
printable recipe

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  

2. Place one large egg in each muffin cup and cook 30 minutes.

3. Carefully place eggs in ice water bath for 5 minutes.

4. Peel and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!