Friday, June 6, 2014

high five for friday



When it comes to this blog, Summer is my favorite time of year.  The load of life lightens just enough that I have a little more time to think and create and, really, just be inspired.

I am praying for great weather this weekend, so that Fair on the Square is a success.  I've heard about this neighborhood event in the village since before we moved here, and now I get to experience it myself as a resident.  Artisans, food trucks, free samples (or "try-outs" as the boys refer to them), and so much more is planned for Saturday morning.  I can't wait.  You can rest assured a few dollars will be in my pocket and a camera around my neck.

Speaking of camera, now that baseball is over, it has been able to focus on other things besides a bat and ball, and two cutie patooties in their uniforms.  These are just five snapshots of moments that really make life the gift it is.  It's the little things, most of the time, isn't it?

By the way, have you ever wondered why we refer to them as little?  Why not call 'em big and soak them up, one blessing at a time?  I'm certainly in.  How about you?

High Five for Friday, my friends!


We have been waiting for this moment right here… The youth group in our home, singing, laughing, eating, praising… A dream come true.  Twenty-one lovers of Jesus.  Super-awesome.

The perfect Memorial Day shopping outfit, right?  That's what Luke thought anyway.  He's re-discovered my grandfather's hat he was given a couple of years ago and has been wearing it non-stop. I love it.

Charley has seen the boys with a ball in hand so much over the last months, he doesn't want to be left out.  It's in his mouth more than it's on the ground.  

We're enjoying filling a few empty spaces in the new(er) house.  We finally have time to start really making it home, and I was THRILLED to snag this woven cane-seat rocker at Goodwill.  It's a perfect fit next to the fireplace.

I'm hoping I can do this one again.  By accident, I came up with what I'm calling "Pineberry Sorbet."  I'll share the recipe after I try it again and really measure and make sure it's as good I think it was.  This was a total non-plan, and came to nearly a "knock-down drag-out" between John and me on who was going to get the most.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!