Wednesday, July 4, 2012

it's finally here





My first blog post, that is.  You probably can't tell, but I am ecstatic!

Actually, scared really.

I've been thinking about this for about two years, but in the meantime I've also been quietly gawking at really great blogs and couldn't imagine creating anything to compare.  Alas, my love for food and my need for a creative outlet has overridden the fear, and... well... here we are.

Over nine years ago, John and I were traveling in Montana down a beautiful and quiet highway.  We were soaking up the vast land, sweet cabins here and there and started talking about how much fun it would be to have a place of hospitality one day.  I had a pad of paper and began doodling my favorite flower while dreaming, and what do you know?  The Lazy Daisy was born...

At least the idea.

I blame the motivation I have to do such a crazy thing on a variety of influences and experiences;  my 84-year-old "Ma" who still stands and cooks for the family (and neighborhood); being an only child and craving a big table full of whoever for forever so I don't have to ever be by myself; my first real boss, Judi, who taught me so, so much about food and gardens, how to make tender biscuits, and what it's like to be a southern girl (even though I come from a bit too far north)... the list could go on.

I am excited to share my ideas of what I'd do if I were to be a real innkeeper.  It all seems really far-fetched, the whole bed and breakfast thing.  At this time, as John puts it, we're no more than a "Pull-Out and Pop Tart."  But a girl can dream, right?  So I appreciate you for spending your hard-to-come-by time to read what I have to say.  From the bottom of my heart, thanks for indulging me.

Now, let's eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!