Thursday, October 23, 2014

flavorFALL - apple cider mojito




It is no secret to anyone that Fall is probably my favorite season.  I've referenced as much with you herehere.... and, oh... here too.  

While I was laid up this weekend with back issues, I compiled several ideas and pulled out many recipes I've considered over time.  The pumpkins, mums, burlap, and all things decorative on our front steps and around the house were fostering a deeper excitement for the season, so I couldn't help myself,  heavy meds or not.  

So this is the first of my "FlavorFALL" entries.  Apple Cider "Mojito" - a super-quick way to spruce up a get-together or just make an ordinary meal a little more festive.  It is a celebration of one of the best fall staples, the apple.  And while I adore hot cider - and I do mean adore - it's kind of nice to have a new twist on an old favorite, and served cold at that!

I'm looking forward to sharing my coming posts in this series.  I hope you'll stay tuned, try your hand at a few, and let me know how it goes.  I'm a sucker for good food conversation.   

Apple Cider Mojito
serves 2
  • 8 oz apple cider, chilled
  • 1 lime, halved
  • 6 ice cubes
  • mint sprigs
  • ginger ale
~ Pour 4 oz of cider in each glass.

~ Add juice of lime-half to each glass and divide ice between both.

~ Pinch leaves of mint sprigs and place in each glass, topping off with ginger ale.  Stir.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!